Setting up the Homepage & Blog
Now that you have an overview of the theme options panel and the features within it. We can proceed to assign a page to display as the homepage. WordPress can set any page as homepage. You now have 2 options: you can choose to use a predefined homepage if you have imported demo content, or create your own. To create a blog page simply create an empty page, do not edit any other setting and publish the page.
Once you have created your homepage and blog page you now need to set them.
- In your WordPress admin, navigate to the Reading Settings, "Settings > Reading".
- Select a "static page" for the front page display.
- From the dropdown menu choose your desired front page. (this is the homepage)
- Select a "posts page" for the blog page display.
- From the dropdown menu choose your desired posts page that will be used as blog page.
- Save the changes.