Before importing the demo content, make sure you have installed & activated all the required plugins from within Appearance > Install Plugins
The zip file you downloaded contains an xml file that can be used to import dummy data to your WordPress installation. Some users prefer this approach as it gives them a good starting point and the ability to easily change the data to their needs without having to create all the pages by hand.
- Go to Tools » Import and select the option “Wordpress” (at this point Wordpress might ask you to install the Import Plugin, confirm)
- Click the button “browse” and select the file “dummy_data.xml” contained in the downloaded zip
- Click the button “Upload file and import”
- Check the option “Download and import file attachments”
- Click the button “Submit” and all the dummy data should be imported
Please note that demo images will not be imported and substituted with placeholders.